Day 2 of the California YangGang’s California Data Privacy Series featured an all-star panel of experts who discussed consumer privacy and Prop 24. Check out the replay of this great panel discussion below!
Moderator and Panelists
The moderator for this event was none other than Andrew Yang, former presidential candidate and founder of Humanity Forward, who is a big supporter of Prop 24. The expert panelists included:
- Alastair Mactaggart, Founder of Californians for Consumer Privacy
- Enoch Liang, CEO of the Data Dividend Project
- James P. Steyer, CEO of Common Sense Media
- Shoshana Zuboff, Harvard Professor and Author
Question they tackled included:
1. Why should people care about data privacy?
2. What trends in data privacy have you witnessed recently and what are their implications on society?
3. What are the most important rights consumers should have in their data?
4. What rights do California consumers have in their data now? and What impact would Prop 24 have?
5. Are there specific groups (e.g., age groups etc.) who are disproportionately impacted by privacy issues online?
6. What are the biggest challenges in getting data privacy legislation passed?
7. How do we get people to care about and invest in their own privacy rights?
We are actually going to leave it to our next blog post to analyze some of the highlights of the insightful commentary by the panelists. Sorry! But in the meantime remember to Vote Yes on Privacy and Vote Yes on Prop 24!